My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I am honored to be given this life by the Lord. What I am till now, is still in the process of becoming the very best version of me

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Withdrawal symptoms

Argh.. its been so long since I logged in to do something like this..

I was doing my workflow in office when i realized that i miss that burnt orange color of UT.

Its almost 4 years since I came back ..people said that you will stop missing the place where you studied in about 1-2 years.. I guess in this I am abnormal. I have been missing Austin since the day I left. And last week I ruined my favorite UT shirt when I was dying my mom's hair.. OMG!! I browsed through Co-Op webiste only to find out that they no longer have it!!! Sigh..

So the next day to make myself feel better I loitered around Bugis to find things that might interest me only to find out that I craved for Burnt Orange and White colors. So I went back to Co-Op website and tried to picture myself browsing through the aisle. It was so enjoyable until the delivery charges hit me in the stomach and I woke up from my fantasy.

It's funny how fast things can be forgotten sometimes.. in only less than 5 years, I almost completely forgot about the street names, the mall names, the taste of the ice tea on summer days.. the coldness of Spring..

After almost 5 years, people stop asking you do you miss US anymore because they assume you are having so much fun in your present life. It's not quiet true..I miss hanging out with my friends more and more.. to just sit besides Lake Austin and to just talk stupid subjects till we run out of things to talk about. To go kayaking by the end of summer and the beginning of fall. I miss seeing the clear blue skies and the lightning in I-35. I miss barging into a shopping mall with my friends, to go out separate ways and to only call each others when we found good bargains applicable for all of us (in this case, brands like Express, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Bath & Body works are favored). I miss our late night talks and poker nights......I also miss that certain tea house that could wipe out teas in the wierdest name like Baby Blue (which is earl grey tea with milk), Butterfly (which i think is green tea infused with fruity syrups), Kokepan (this i don't know what she put there except for malt), all these are wonderfully addictive that I think the 10 additional pounds that I put up were from them. I miss buying a cloth, wash it, dry it, and wear it to go out for dinner. I miss so many things that listing them down doesn't make me feel any better...

Is it normal for a 26-going 27 years old to think like this? I have to say, it's normal.. hey I'm human.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home